1 Night Stay in Beejay Bakau Resort with Daily Activities to visit Orangutan Islands & Sun Bear Sanctuary
Mangrove ecotourism above beach with full facilities such as restaurant, cafe, bungalows and white sand with a variety of water games and beach volleyball court.
- Welcome drink
- Mineral water
- Amenities & toiletries
- Daily activities to visit Orangutan Islands & Sun Bear Sanctuary
- Guide & transportation inside the area
- Minimum booking of 2 people per room and can be occupied with max of 4 adults (with 2 extra bed - additional cost)
- Executive: Bungalow in mangrove forest on the beach
- Junior Suite: Bungalow with sea view
- Prices are not valid during high season December 22-26, 2016 and December 29, 2016-January 2, 2017
- Orangutan Islands: Some orangutans live on six man-made islands (a nice walk from the Samboja Lodge). The Island orangutans are for not release candidates, due to handicaps and miss-behavior. Therefore, they can only be viewed from the land. Every day workers bring over many kinds of fruits, vegetables and leafy branches. Though there is No Contact for Visitors permitted with any of our orangutans, we could use your help in making new behavioral enrichment devices for them, preparing their food and even in taking observational data! Activities at the Orangutan Islands will begin at 8am and continue until 4 pm. The islands are easily reached on foot from the Lodge. The Samboja Lodge’s guide will assist you to visit the island.
- Sun Bear Sanctuary: Samboja Lestari is home to one of the world's largest sun bear projects. You can help with the maintenance of the cages, observations on the behavior of newly formed groups, creation of behavioral enrichment, preparation and feeding out of food. Activities at the sun bear compound will begin at 8am and end at 4pm. The bear compound is a short 15min walk from the Samboja Lodge. You must exercise extreme caution when around the bears, and remember No Contact! Please contact the front desk to arrange your further work to help sun bears!